Register of Deeds

PO Box 160

423 West Main Street

Courthouse First Floor

Osborne, KS  67473

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and  1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Closed Saturday, Sunday and scheduled holidays

This office is responsible for the recording and safekeeping of all transactions relating to real estate in Osborne County.  This includes deeds, mortgages, mortgage releases, oil and gas leases, surveys, and platted additions to all cities and cemeteries in Osborne County.  We also have county school records, tax liens, powers of attorney, military discharges and other documents.

We also record some financing statements and security agreements on personal property under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), however, the UCC law was changed in July of 2001 to provide for filing in the Secretary of State's Office

Military Discharges are also recorded in this office.  These records are NOT open records and a special form is required before access is granted.  Request for Military Record (DD 214) form.


Megan Kuhlmann, Register of Deeds

Regina Hall, Deputy

Phone: 785-346-2452


e-mail: click here


Documents presented for recording must be originals, signed and notarized, and of sufficient legibility so as to produce a clear and legible reproduction.  Filing fees must accompany all documents for recording.    Documents must also have a valid legal description for indexing purposes.  Legal descriptions include a lot, block, subdivision and city or a metes and bounds description using the section, township and range numbers.

When a document is recorded in our office it is assigned a book and page number and the time and date of recording. The document is then photocopied, entered into a computer indexing program, scanned to form a computer image and then microfilmed.   The original document is returned to the sender within one week.

 All deeds and affidavits of equitable interest are required to be accompanied by a state Sales Validation Questionnaire unless there is an exemption clearly stated on the instrument.

For more information please visit the Kansas Register of Deeds Association's web page.